Monday, October 3, 2011

Why Not Now?

While I was browsing through the Fox New website I stumbled upon this, "Obama Calls on Congress to Pass Jobs Bill, Not 'Now' But This Month."  The bill states that President Obama wants to raise taxes on higher-income taxpayers and reduce those of lower-income taxpayers. It will raise two trillion in revenue.  Obama said that he wanted to know what republicans thought of the bill, they responded by telling the President they sent out a memo weeks ago. Obama has been saying for weeks "pass this bill now," and it seems that he has settled for the end of October.

The title of this article was intriguing. The fact that the President took the pressure of off Congress to pass this bill was interesting because he has been pressing them to pass it for the last three weeks. I do not agree with all of the ways he proposed to use the money. I do not think it should be used to support unemployed people, I do however think that it should be used help them acquire a new job. I chose this article because I believe something as serious as taxes should not be pushed to be approved quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment